Saturday 28 February 2015

Amazing Lengths | Benefit Roller Lash Mascara Review


 I'm sure everyone, their mother, their brother, their fish has heard about Benefits new mascara that was designed on the classic velcro hair roller which has only recently been released to buy in stores but previously was exclusive to Elle magazine which included a sample of the Roller Lash mascara. The majority raved about their other mascara 'They're Real' but I actually didn't try that one as I heard people with longer lashes disliking it, I fall into the longer lash category. I was drawn to the Roller Lash as it claimed to give a long-lasting curl which was one of the only downfalls with drugstore mascaras that I've tried. Now I've been using the mascara for about 3 weeks so I thought I'd quickly get my review of pros and cons up on it seeing as it has recently been released to buy in store.



Pros-
  • Roller Lash is definitely lengthening which can be noticed with just one coat, so would be great for those of you with short or straight eye lashes.
  • As I said the mascara works very well with just one coat, I'm not sure myself how it fairs when applying additional coats but I simply think you don't need more than one. Therefore it's very quick and easy!
  • The mascara claims that eyes will appear more wide open which I can vouch for as it fans out my lashes making them look natural and fluttery.
  • As I've previously mentioned the mascara claims to hold the curl of your lashes which I 100% agree with as my lashes pretty much look the same as they did once Roller Lash was applied after a long day at college or battling London crowds.
Can we just ignore the bags under my eyes and the fact my bottom lashes clump together even without mascara.
Also ignore the stray hairs, i'm growing my eyebrows so that I can go get them threaded/waxed.

Cons-
  • Like They're Real, Roller Lash is not waterproof which is my only downfall of this mascara. I find it does tend to transfer under my bottom lashes although that could be as I have watery eyes, but I haven't heard this in many other reviews so it simply could just be me.
    However it's not a huge problem as you could just skip this on the bottom lashes and go for another waterproof mascara.
Again can we ignore the bags under my eyes and how bad my skin looks(most was able to be cropped out)

Ability to lengthen- 9/10
Ease of use- 8/10
Lasting power- 8/10
Price- 7/10
Overall rating- 32/40


Not bad at all!


Personally I've really enjoyed using Benefits Roller Lash mascara so I'm tempted to splurge on this mascara and some other high-end treats with my birthday money. Roller Lash comes in at £19.50 which isn't ridiculous for a mascara that actually works in comparison to the drugstore options.


What did you think of Benefit Roller Lash mascara?


If you haven't tried it yet, will you be?

♥   ♥   ♥

5 comments:

  1. Ooh this mascara looks so amazing, I am planning on purchasing it as soon as possible. I have heard so many good things about this.

    Ooh La Luce | A little bit of everything blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely lives up to the hype around it at the moment! You should, without a doubt I will be once I've got as much use out of the sample :) X

      Delete
  2. Lovely post as always. Love the way you set out your post in to pro's and con's ♡♥ It makes it really easy to follow


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/monthly-reflect-february.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it :)!
      Love your monthly reflect posts too! X

      Delete
  3. Hello!

    I've nominated you for the This or that tag, I love you blog x

    Check out my blog to find out more.

    megan | megansw0rld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X