Sunday 14 September 2014

Superdrug Dead Sea Mud Mask | Thoughts and Review

Hello!
Today I thought i'd do a review on a product that I purchased 3-4 weeks ago, the Superdrug Detoxifying Dead Sea Mud Mask.

Superdrug Detoxifying Dead Sea Mud Mask.

I had quite a few break outs so was in need of something to really clean out my pores of impurities and hopefully help to get rid of the spots that I had and ones that were developing at the time. I'm sure you will know that Dead Sea Mud is very common in face masks and of course good for the skin, so I thought I'd give this one a go as it was only £2.59.


Yes, that is my abnormally blotchy hand- please excuse it.
After reading about this mask, it's suggests you use it 2-3 times a week, so that I did. The first time I used this I applied it quite thinly as I wasn't sure how my skin would react to it and left it on for the suggested 10-15 minutes. The mask dried quickly and I was shocked when I looked in the mirror, it sank straight into the blackheads on my nose and rather large pores- for me that felt like it was definitely working to clean out my pores. Once removing the mask with a warm face cloth my skin felt rid of any grubbiness and definitely felt cleansed.

Featuring the Muslin Cloth I used once with this mask and will not turn white again, lesson learnt- do not use a brand new Muslin Cloth with a clay mask...

I continued to use this for the following weeks or week I should say, for some reason the 3rd or 4th time I used it my skin had a reaction. I noticed that it was getting a little warm while using it, I thought this was normal as it tends to happen with a lot of face masks for me. I left it until it was dry and I was so shocked when I took it off. Where the face mask has been, my skin was bright red- a perfect line around my face. 
Has anyone else experienced something similar when using the Superdrug face mask? I came to the conclusion that I must of had an allergic reaction to it, and in fact a lot of other face masks.

I wouldn't say this face mask is overall bad, it just didn't work for me. I'm sure if your skin isn't sensitive this will be great for you to clear you skin and rid it of impurities so it's definitely worth a try at less than £3 for quite a large tube.

Could anyone recommend a mask for sensitive skin? Something I never thought I had, so I'm not really in the know of gentle masks. 

That's all for now, until next time..


Amy X

6 comments:

  1. Oh no, that sounds awful! Thats why I stay away from clay masks, as I have such senstive skin! Let me know if you find a good mask for senstive skin
    Great post as always xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too impressed but for less than £3 I can't really complain! I'll let you know as I haven't found one yet that doesn't react at all to my skin!
      Thank you!

      Amy X

      Delete
  2. Lovely review!xx
    http://heyitshannaah.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same problem of my skin having a reaction to the superdrug face masks, just not that one but the green and blue one x
    www.heyitscassxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's not good! I've tried this mask again since just to make sure and my skin had the same reaction so it's gone now!
      Thanks for your comment, I'll be sure to check out your blog! x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X