Wednesday 3 February 2016

January Favourites | Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle

January has come and gone so quickly, I can't believe we're into the second month of 2016 already! It seems to have been a positive start to 2016 for me personally and I'm excited to see what the rest of the year brings. This year, I'm aiming to share with you my favourites from each month as I love seeing what everyone else has been enjoying using as I think it gives a thorough review on what's really worth purchasing etc. So as you can tell from the title, I shall be sharing with you what I've been loving this month, let's get into it shall we? 


Fleur De Force Cosmic Bronze Eyeshadow Palette
I was so happy to receive this palette in the Feel Unique beauty advent calendar. I had my eyes on this quad when the line was launched, however I decided against it as I thought I had enough natural eyeshadows. I was wrong, I was totally missing out not having this palette! It has a beautiful range of natural shades, my favourites have been the matte nude for all over the lid, the matte brown for in the crease and the brown shimmer for in the centre of my lid. These are really well pigmented so a little goes a long way, it's small and compact so would be perfect for travelling also!

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm
This is another one I received in the Feel Unique beauty advent calendar. Once again, I was so happy to receive this as I've heard lots of great reviews on it. I received this at perfect timing, my lips were so dry from the cold winter winds. After just a couple of uses, I noticed a huge difference. My lips were no longer dry and flaky instead they felt and looked healthy. I love the thick texture of this balm, the scent also has a hint of lemon which is nice. I'd really recommend this lip balm despite the £9.50 price tag.

Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer
I picked this up on a whim as I was completely out of concealer and it was the only one in my tiny local Boots that looked worth purchasing.
I vaguely remember seeing good reviews on this concealer, in particular that it was good for hiding dark circles under the eyes due to the 2-in-1 highlight. I love how easy this is to blend under my eyes, I tend to do the triangle then blend with a beauty blender. So quick and simple, makes me look more awake and so affordable. 
Zara Soft City Bag
I first saw this in a haul on YouTube and fell in love! I knew I wanted a new bag but was unsure what I wanted. As soon as I saw this, I had to have it. I couldn't believe it was only £20 from Zara, I think it looks much more expensive! I popped it on my Christmas Wish List and Santa listened. It's been perfect for everyday wear as it's not too big nor small, it's simple so will go with almost everything and is ideal for work and the weekends!
DW Home Calming Waves 3 Wick Candle
It wasn't until a few months ago that I discovered TK Maxx has amazing candles!? Ever since I've been popping in every time I'm in town to check them out. Just before Christmas I came across this one, a huge 3 wick candle that smelt mineral-y(definitely not a word) and spa-like. It seemed like the perfect candle for a relaxing bath or evening in so I didn't leave it behind as it was only £6.99- a total bargain. Ever since I've been burning it non-stop and I'm coming to the end of it which I'm gutted about. I'm going to savour it a little longer and only burn it for an hour or so every now and then! I must keep my eyes peeled for something similar in TK Maxx as I've never seen two of the same candles there at one time.
BNTM
I was so pleased to see Britain's Next Top Model back this year. I used to love this show and have watched almost every series so I was excited to see what the new one had to offer. It's a little different which I like, though it still has some of the original features like Model Mail, Challenges and the typical bitchyness in the house. I'm still yet to choose a favourite as I like the majority of the girls still remaining, though I'm sure their personalities will come out and help me decide. 
Are you watching it this year? I'd love to know what you think and if you've got a favourite!
That's all! I'm sure there has been lots of other things that I've been enjoying this month but these are the things that stood out in particular. I would love to hear what you've been loving this month so feel free to let me know in the comments down below. Also, don't forgot to let me know what you think of BNTM if you've been watching it!
WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN LOVING THIS MONTH?
♥   ♥   ♥

4 comments:

  1. How my heart aches for a Fleur De Force palette! They just look so lovely! Lovely post, btw.xxx

    Check out my recent?
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/seventeen-eye-shadow-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The calming waves candle looks so pretty! I've been loving coats, I've brought three this month so far! Xx

    www.geraldineswonderfulworld.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, especially love the bag. X

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, especially love the bag. X

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X