Sunday 21 June 2015

Most Used Face Brushes | Real Techniques and Bare Minerals Dupe!


I tend to talk a lot about makeup here on my blog but I never seem to talk about how I apply the products mentioned. Today I thought i'd run through my most used face brushes, there will also be a post to follow on my most used eye brushes- watch this space.


First of all i'll start with my base. Now I've never really got on with those flat foundation brushes as I felt like I was painting on my makeup and they left streaks, certainly not the look I go for on an everyday basis or ever. Instead I like to use a buffing brush, I started off with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush which I loved for about a year until unfortunately the bristles weren't as soft or the best for applying foundation. When reading Makeup Savvy, I discovered there was a dupe(here) for the Bare Minerals Perfecting Face Brush, you know that buffing brush with the dent in the centre to disperse foundation? Yeah, that one and I couldn't not purchase the dupe and give it a whirl, in a few words- I love it and it was less than £2, steal!

I also love using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (This wasn't the most 'photogenic' so see the first picture) on a day-to-day basis as it's so quick to blend out foundation to give a natural finish to the skin. I recommend running this under the tap and squeezing it out so that the sponge doesn't absorb and waste your foundation.

Base complete, I'll go onto the brushes I use to finish my face. Another Real Techniques brush(I promise, this isn't sponsored), I use the Duo-Fibre Contour Brush for as the name suggests- contouring. I'm a newbie to contouring so I needed something to apply the product lightly so that I could progressively build it up. This brush is perfect for just that and is flat and tapered to fit perfectly into the hollows of your cheeks.

Left- Duo-Fibre Contour Brush, used to contour
Right- Contour Brush used to apply blush
Another Real Techniques Contour Brush that I don't use for contouring but blush instead. I find this is the perfect size to apply blush to the apples of my cheeks and the bristles are super soft so they pick up product well. However, sometimes I over-do it on the blush so I advise you use this with a light hand to avoid looking like Coco the Clown.


And last but certainly not least is the Real Techniques Duo-Fibre Face Brush which I've recently started to use for all over powder. I've never really needed to powder before, primers seemed to keep my makeup in place as I wasn't overly oily, though that has recently changed. I'm not sure whether it's to do with the weather and becoming a hot mess during the summer months- who knows. But what I do know this brush has been great for applying powder lightly throughout the day to combat the shine and without making my face look cakey. 


That's a wrap on my most-used face brushes, I know there's a lot of Real Techniques brushes but they just seem to work for me and they're not overly expensive which my purse is thankful for.

Have you got any makeup brush recommendations? 

Please leave them below, I'd love to know!

  ♥   ♥   ♥

8 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I am always up for trying dupes of well known brands. I will definitely be picking some up after my holiday ;)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! Me too, nothing better than saving money. I hope you have a lovely holiday! x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This is a great post - I love real techniques also! I love the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush!!

    - Jess xxxx

    heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess! Ooh really? I've been meaning to try the Expert Face Brush. I must pick it up at some point! x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. Again, I'm a huge fan from of the Real Techniques brushes- I think that they're the best! My favourite is the expert face brush for concealer. Xx


    Check out my blog?

    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real Techniques do some great brushes! I've not tried the expert face brush yet, i'm not too sure why as I've wanted it for a while now. I think it'll be the next brush I buy!
      Sure, i'll check out your blog! x x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X