Monday 15 June 2015

Essie Parka Perfect | Mani Monday

I love a fresh set of painted nails and this week I opted for an Essie Nail Polish in Parka Perfect. This isn't something i'd usually go for as it's probably more appropriate for winter/early spring but I just fancied it.



As you can see below this is a lovely green/grey colour with very subtle flecks of shimmer which doesn't show up in photos, instead it makes them look super glossy which I am totally ok with. In order to achieve opacity only two coats were needed which is the same as a lot of polishes.


In terms of longevity i'd say around 3-4 days before it starts to chip, which isn't awful but it isn't great either seeing as I've had longer lasting polishes that were more affordable too.

These are £7.99 in Boots but I believe if you shop around online you can get them cheaper. These aren't the most affordable of polishes but I wouldn't write them off completely as lots of people rave about Essie, they also do some gorgeous colours that are too pretty to miss out on!

Whats your favourite nail polish for Spring/Summer?
Please leave me some suggestions in the comments!

♥   ♥   ♥

4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty polish! I need to buy some new polishes now as I have all summer to wear them x great post ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I need to get my hands on some new polishes too! What brands are your favorite? I really like the Rimmel ones, Maybelline Forever Strong and Lola nail varnishes! x

      Delete
  2. I love Essie nail polishes but I think £8 can be expensive, especially if you like nail polish a lot like me! I think Barry M also has amazing nail polishes and there is so much variety as well!
    Dalal x monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are a little pricey! Buying Essie could become an expensive habit! I believe they're a little cheaper on a website called Fragrance Direct though. I'm yet to try Barry M nail varnishes and i'm not too sure why, I've heard so many great things about them! x x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X