Sunday 7 June 2015

America Haul | Beauty, Fashion and Homeware


 I mentioned in my last post that today's blog post would be America and shopping related, did you guess it? Of course i'm doing a mini America haul. Unfortunately, I didn't go to America- my sister did. She asked if there was anything i'd like so of course I wasn't going to pass up on this opportunity to try American drugstore brands! I compiled a list of mainly things I couldn't pick up here in the UK or things I knew where cheaper in the US. Although I didn't get as much as i'd of hoped, as she could only find one thing on my list, she did however surprise me with some other gifts instead which I am so grateful for- thanks sis!


Focus on the swatch, not the rest of my hand pls

Now, I know you can actually get these in the UK but I believe they're a little cheaper in America and i'm all for saving pennies. The Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk has been raved about, however I didn't really feel that I needed a white cream eye shadow so I decided to ask for Yogurt which as you can see is this gorgeous slightly pink toned bronze that will be amazing as a base! I haven't yet tested this but if I do like it, I shall be picking some more up. 


Crystal Point Pendant Necklace
This is something I usually wouldn't pick up for myself but I love it! I'm so pleased my sister picked this up for me as the green is gorgeous and will look amazing with simple monochrome outfits. I'm not too sure where my sister bought this but i'm sure if you search crystal point pendant then you'll be able to find similar!


I knew I couldn't get these anywhere in the UK so I asked if she saw a Bath and Body Works store could she pop in and pick up a couple of their mini candles just so I could try them. I didn't request any particular scents as I couldn't smell them so I asked if she could get ones she thought i'd like and she did very well!


Island Tiare Flower- I definitely can't describe scents but I can tell you this smells very similar to the Yankee Candle in Pink Sands which is my favourite!


Coconut Vanilla- Does this really need explaining? I love the scent of coconuts and vanilla so this is perfect!


Pomelo Paradise- Again this one smells similar to Pink Sands by Yankee Candle but is slightly different from the first but I like it so i'm not complaining!

And last but definitely not least,


Las Vegas Mug
I don't think I've yet mentioned where she went but she visited Las Vegas and San Francisco. She knows how much i'd love to go to Las Vegas or pretty much anywhere in America so this was perfect for me as she also knows that I love a cup of tea. This is huge so I only tend to fill it half way but come winter time, I know this will be the perfect cup to warm me up after a long day at work!

I'm so grateful for her searching high and low for the products I ask for, although they were sold out unfortunately. I'm sure there will be another time i'll be able to ask someone to pick them up for me or they'll be more accessible in the UK. And of course i'm ever so thankful of her being so thoughtful and bringing other things back for me.

Have you been to America?
It's definitely near the top of my bucket list to go!

♥   ♥   ♥

6 comments:

  1. I've been to America twice and I'm going again this Christmas! The shopping is as amazing as everyone says - I'm already saving up for my next trip! You got some amazing things - especially the candles! I love Bath and Body Works!!

    - Jess xxx

    heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super jealous Jess! I'd love to go myself- I will one day! Really? I don't blame you, I'd love to do a huge spree in America! I wish I could try more Bath and Body Works because so far- I love it! x

      Delete
  2. Your blog has the cutest and prettiest feel and them to it! I really love your posts, and this one in particular was incredible!x

    Check out my blog?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hannah, you're too kind! Of course i'll check out your blog! x

      Delete
  3. I love the colour of that NYX eye pencil. I would love some bath and body works products, its such a shame there is not a shop in the UK x
    great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used it yesterday for the first time and it's gorgeous on the eyes too! I'd love to try more, I wish they'd branch out there stores to the UK!
      Thank you x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X