Wednesday 28 October 2015

Currently Loving | October Favourites


I'm going to be a typical blogger and highlight how fast this month has gone. Seriously where has October gone? Christmas is creeping up on us and I couldn't be more excited. Myself and Pastel Blasts Beauty have decided to share with you some of the things we've been loving this month, click here to take you straight to her blog and see what she's been loving during the month of October.



I think i'll start with makeup today, both are actually Rimmel products- just putting it out there that this isn't sponsored, haha! I picked up both these products on a deal in Boots, probably something like 2 for £10 which is a bargain! 

I had heard lots about the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation and I saw that it had been reformulated, claiming to have a pore blurring effect. This sounded perfect for me as I have quite large open pores around my nose so I was hoping this would minimise the appearance of them. It definitely does! This foundation is also very light and natural so is ideal for everyday wear. I also found it's super easy to blend so is perfect for when i'm in a rush in the mornings.


The next product that I've been loving is the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick in 107. So many beauty bloggers rave about this so I thought i'd give it a go. I expected it to be a darker berry shade, however I find it's more pink on my lips. I have recently been really enjoying wearing it though as it lasts a good while on my lips with liner. I also feel this would be perfect for those experimenting with darker lip options, this is very wearable so give it a whirl!


Next up is nails, i'm sure you will have seen this nail varnish on my blog before. It's the Rimmel Lycra Pro Nail Varnish in Hypnotise- the perfect shade for Autumn/Winter! I love wearing this on my nails, you can see my review here. Whenever I take this off, almost every time I want to put it back on! I think this would look pretty with a glitter on top and would look especially great during the Christmas/Party Season.


Now onto skincare. My first product is something I've rediscovered this month, it's the Soap and Glory Hot Cloth Pore Cleanser. I used to love this and I think I stopped using it as I was coming to the end of the tube. Recently I heard that this was a good dupe of the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish which is something I've been wanting to try for a while, I decided i'd pick this up and give it another try. First of all, I love the calming scent which works well with a hot muslin cloth, it's relaxing and feels like a real treat at the end of the day. This has been repackaged and renamed but I will be going back to pick this up, it is now called The Ultimelt Deep Purifying Hot Cloth Cleanser.

The second product in skincare is the Garnier Fresh Essentials Moisturiser. I decided to try this as it was on offer on Feel Unique and it looks very similar to another Garnier moisturiser that I love. I think I may have already mentioned this in a previous post but I can't decide which I love more. They're both super hydrating and light on the skin, however I think this may sink in a little quicker. If you're looking for a new moisturiser to keep your skin soft and hydrated during the colder months, i'd definitely recommend this! It's roughly around £2 to £3 and I believe you can pick it up in supermarkets like Tesco and Asda.


For fashion, it had to be these pointed boots from Dorothy Perkins. These have been my go-to everyday as they're comfortable and look great. I'm quite short and so are my legs so I feel like the point elongates them, is that a thing? Haha! I've worn these so much already and there is hardly any signs of wear so I can tell these are going to last me a good while, yay!


Does a series count as a lifestyle favourite? My brother recently got Amazon Prime so I've sneakily been using his account to watch Parks and Recreation, he probably knows but we'll pretend he doesn't- haha! I had heard lots about this series, saying it's a must watch- it is! Amy Poehler is hilarious as Leslie, I love her!
I don't want to attempt to describe it as quite frankly I don't want to ruin it, but i'm sure a quick Google search will entice you! I'm gutted as only three series are on Amazon Prime at the moment, lets hope they add more!

Last but certainly not least, YouTubers! Seeing as it's been Vlogtober, there have been quite a lot of daily vlogs to watch. There have been a couple that have stood out to me, Diary Of A Spendaholic and Lily Melrose. Both very different, but I love so go check them out. In terms of general videos, I've been loving Laura Black(she's hilarious and absolutely stunning!) and Gem Lo Valentine(She is also beautiful and I love her style!) If you'd like to check them out then click on each of their names to take you straight to their channels!

And that's a wrap of what I've been loving this October. Be sure to check out Pastel Blasts Beauty and see what she's been loving this month too!

WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN LOVING?

♥   ♥   ♥

8 comments:

  1. I didn't know the Rimmel foundation had been re formulated, it was my every day foundation then I brought the true match......match perfection got neglected x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only recently I believe! The True Match has been too but I've not tried the reformulated one yet. They seem to last me ages and I've got another bottle to use up first! X x

      Delete
  2. Really lo ring burgandy nails at the moment! As you say, they are perfect for AW xx

    Check out my latest blog post?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Possibly my favourite nail colour, I could wear it all year round! X x

      Delete
  3. I recently discovered Kate Moss Lipstick and I love it. It's perfect for all and it's actually in my October favorites.

    Awkwardgirlx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? I must try some of the others! I did see, haha! I commented something similar on your post yesterday without even realising you had commented on mine. Great minds think alike! x x

      Delete
  4. Oooh I must try so many of these products such as the nail polish, hot cloth cleanser and moisturiser! I've also heard parks and recreation is good - I need to watch it!!

    - Jess xxx

    Heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, if any definitely try the cleanser! I'm keeping my eyes peeled for when it goes on offer so I can pick it up again- haha! I did enjoy the first couple of series of Parks and Rec but I did get a little bored- I'll have to see if I can get back into it again! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X