Friday 30 October 2015

Halloween How To: | Dripping Blood Nails!

It's been a long time since I actually did something for Halloween. Gone are the days where i'd throw on my witch costume and go trick or treating, sigh! Instead of just wasting the opportunity to do something festive every year, I always do some pumpkin carving and baking! However, this year I also opted to paint my nails a little creepy and Halloween-y so I thought i'd share those with you today.

First of all, i'm not taking the credit for this design- I was inspired by sophdoesnails on YouTube, click here to take you to the video. She has some other nail art tutorials, beauty and fashion videos which I also love to watch!


For this look you're going to need:
-Base coat
-Top coat
-Red nail varnish
-White nail varnish
-A straw or you could use a cotton bud with the cotton removed.

1. First of all, you will need to prep the nails doing your usual nail-care routine and apply your base coat.

2. Next you will need to paint your middle and ring finger with the white nail varnish. I used this cheap one from a manicure kit, so I did two coats.

3. Whilst you're waiting for the first coat of white to dry, paint the rest of your nails using a red. I used a classic red but you could go for a darker shade, it might look more realistic too.

4. Once the second coat of white is dry, take the red that you used for your other nails and put a few drops onto some paper. Dip in the end of your straw and blow at the other end onto the white nail. The red I used was a gel nail varnish so was a little thicker than a standard polish, this made it a little harder to use the blowing technique. Instead, I used the straw as a dotting tool and dotted red in places to make it look splattered. I felt I was able to have more control using this technique, therefore there was less mess to clean up!


5. Once I was happy with the way they looked, I took a cotton bud with some nail varnish remover to remove any nail varnish that got onto my skin around the nail.

6. Finally, to finish off the design and to make it last longer, apply a top coat. I still don't have a top coat so I used my base coat instead.

And there you have it, blood splattered/dripping nails for Halloween!
I know this is last minute, but you've still got time before tomorrow to do this so let me know if you do!


Happy Halloween!


Stay safe and have fun!

♥   ♥   ♥

4 comments:

  1. These are so cool! Hope you had a good Halloween anyway x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them! I did, hope you enjoyed yourself also! x x

      Delete
  2. how gory and cool! wish i had seen these a day earlier haha!xx

    Check out my latest post?
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2015/11/revlon-photoready-foundation-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh i'm glad you like them! I did post them a little late, thought i'd share them anyway- an idea for next year maybe! x x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X