Sunday 24 January 2016

The Childhood TAG | The 90s, TV, Hobbies and More!

Apparently it's throwback week? Well according to my social media accounts, everyone seems to be changing their profile picture/icons to a picture of them during their childhood. Therefore, I thought what better way to end throwback week than to share with you the Childhood TAG! So today, I shall be throwing it back and chatting to you about my childhood. By all means, feel free to join in by either completing the TAG or leaving any memories down below, I'd love to hear! Now let's get on with the questions... 
Oh also, apologies for the layout of the questions for this post. The picture moved everything about and it won't let me change it for some reason.
1. What year were you born in?
I was born in 1997, so yes I'm a 90s kid but most of my childhood was during the early 00s.
2. When you was a child, what did you want to be?
Oh gosh, this changed so much. First of all I remember really wanting to be a hairdresser. I actually remember sitting my mum on a balcony in Spain, standing on a stool and pretending to cut her hair with my fingers in a scissor motion. The next thing I remember was wanting to be a primary school teacher, then a nail artist and then it reverted back to wanting to be a teacher/work with children and it's stuck that way ever since.
3. Did you have any pets as a child?
Yes! I had a black rabbit called Peter. We had him for a good few years but he had to be put down when I was about 8 as he had a disease contracted from Squirrels. We've never had a pet ever since that, despite all my begging!
4. Did you have an imaginary friend?
Not that I remember. I asked my mum and she said as far as she knows, I didn't. 
5. Did you ever have a special blanket, teddy or other item you couldn't sleep without?
Yes! I had a special blanket. It's actually still on my bed now, though I don't need it to sleep- haha! You know everybody loves the cool side of the pillow/blanket, well this blanket was a certain material which always felt cold so I called it my 'cold blanket'. It actually still comes in handy now when I get too warm throughout the night, haha!
6. Did you like school as a child?
There was always the odd day where I didn't fancy going to school, I'm sure everybody had those days. Apart from that, I loved school! I actually really liked high school aswell! 
7. As a child, was you ever bullied?
Again, not that I can remember. I'm sure every child was picked on now and again as that's just life unfortunately! Though I was never picked on for a long period of time which could've been considered as bullying, thankfully!
8. What TV shows do you remember watching and loving?
So many! During my early childhood I remember loving Teletubbies, Tweenies, Blues Clues and Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. Then I moved on to CBBC and Nickelodeon and loved The Story of Tracy Beaker, Raven, Drake and Josh and many more which I can't remember off the top of my head. I then moved on to the Disney Channel pre-teen/early teen programmes such as That's So Raven, Hannah Montanna and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. 
9. What was your favourite childhood films?
I loved Shrek, Finding Nemo and the majority of Disney Pixar movies really!
10. Was you a sporty kid?
Definitely not, I dreaded sports day and especially the running races. I always remember coming last! I was more into the dance, craft and gardening clubs- haha! I actually remember really loving Welsh Folk Dancing and went to competitions with my school, though that's not particularly sporty or cool!
11. Any childhood memories you would like to mention...
So many to share, though I wouldn't want to bore you! I particularly remember day trips and adventures throughout the summer with family.
For example, a few times every summer, me and my whole family(I'm talking grandparents, aunties, uncles and cousins) used to head down to a local beach. I remember being really happy and being so excited for the next time, the day was usually ended with a McFlurry from McDonalds on the way home. 
I also remember family holidays, especially those in the UK. There was just nothing better than a week away, jam packed with day trips to the beach, zoos and family theme parks. I'm actually getting slightly emotional just thinking about it, why aren't I still 7?!
That's all of the questions! I hope you enjoyed reading and this brought back many childhood memories! I'd love to hear your memories of your childhood so let me know if you do the TAG or leave them in the comments below! This TAG has got me thinking about all the TV programmes I used to watch as a child so I'd love to hear what you watched.
WHAT WERE YOUR FAVOURITE TV PROGRAMMES AS A CHILD?
♥   ♥   

2 comments:

  1. I loved this so much! I loved Shrek, Hey Arnold, the Arthur books, Spice Girls, the Babysitter's club, Backstreet Boys, and I loved climbing trees and making secret clubs :) Oh my gosh and I had a yellow blanket which I took everywhere with me! My sister and I when we were younger got into all the early 2000s trends which were so bad, like awful halterneck tops with neon-green eyeshadow ahahaha
    www.rosieauthorwriting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it, thank you! Oh my goodness, so many memories! Haha, I loved awful eyeshadow, roller ball lip glosses and body glitter! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X