Tuesday 12 January 2016

12 Days of Beauty | Feel Unique Advent Calendar Review


Today as promised, I'm going to be sharing with you what I received in the Feel Unique Beauty Advent Calendar. The calendar was actually 12 days, however I was impatient as this is the first time I've had a beauty advent calendar so I opened it on the 1st of December then every other day up until the 23rd. I was so excited to see what gifts lay beneath each door as I'd not seen any reviews on this calendar, so I couldn't wait to get it open. I'm going to get straight into what I received and let you know my thoughts as well!


Monu Illuminating Primer SPF 15

I'd not heard of this brand before I received it in this calendar, though I was pretty chuffed to receive a new primer as my Porefessional Deluxe Sample was on its way out. I've used this a good few times and on first impression I loved how this primer felt, silky, creamy and easy to apply onto the skin. I must admit it did create a perfect canvas to apply foundation and I did like the way my foundation looked as a result of using this primer, however I didn't notice a difference in the longevity of my makeup. A nice primer all in all but I won't be purchasing the full size!


Philip Kingsley Elasticizer 

This is a treatment you can use on wet hair before shampooing. I had heard lots of great things about this so was excited to give it a go. It's supposed to add more bounce to your hair and prevent it from snapping. I've only used this a couple of times but so far I've noticed my hair has looked and felt a lot healthier, so soft too! I've been really liking this so far so I may have to repurchase this!


Grown Alchemist Hydra Repair Day Cream

On Day 3 I received this moisturiser from a brand again, I've not heard much about so I was looking forward to try this as it contains natural and organic ingredients. The main ingredients are Camellia and Geranium so this has a botanical scent which I really liked as it felt spa-like and relaxing. It was a really lovely moisturiser, I actually finished the whole tube though I did find I still had dry patches whilst using it so it couldn't have been that hydrating. I did like this, though for the price I wouldn't repurchase.



Roger & Gallet Fleur De Figuier Shower Gel

At first, I wasn't too thrilled to be receiving a shower gel if I'm honest. Though I was pleasantly surprised when I first smelt it, it has a subtle fruity kinda scent so I gave it a whirl that evening. It lathered nicely and left a lovely scent on me which I was pleased with. It's the perfect size for travelling, neither too big nor small so I've saved it for when I next travel. This is around £10 for the full size so for that reason I won't be repurchasing.


Fleur De Force Eye Shadow Palette in Cosmic Bronze 

I was most excited to receive this as I very nearly purchased this palette before I decided I had enough eye shadow. I had heard amazing things about these palettes, they're super pigmented and apparently this is similar to another high end palette. It has a light cream with a little shimmer which is perfect for highlighting, the next is a medium matte brown which I've had the most wear out of as its perfect for a natural everyday look. The other two are a super shimmery mink colour and a dark matte brown. All perfect to create a day to night look, so this would be ideal for travel as its compact and versatile. I love this palette so I will be looking to purchase the pink toned palette!


Phyto Subtil Elixir Hair Oil

Another hair treatment which I was happy about as I'm hoping to take better care of my hair. This is to be used before shampooing for about 10 minutes which can then be rinsed with shampoo as normal. This oil contains egg white which is great for treating hair and adding shine. Again my hair felt soft and healthy once using this and the product didn't have a horrible egg scent which was a bonus. This isn't a product I would rush out to repurchase as there is another I would like to.



Redken Extreme Length Primer

I was really pleased to receive such a large sample of this beneath door 7 as I had heard good things about Redken. The first thing I noticed was the scent, I can't quite work it out however it makes my hair smell amazing and I miss it! Despite having the word primer in its name, this is actually a conditioning treatment that you should leave on for about five minutes- quick, fuss-free so was perfect for when I was having quick showers as I was busy over the Christmas period. I've now run out of this and it made my hair feel soft, silky, healthy and made it smell gorgeous. I have a feeling I'm going to be picking this up again!


This Works Sleep Plus Pillow Spray

I was slightly annoyed but pleased to receive this. Annoyed because I had already purchased a sample gift set as my mum wanted to try this out so I could've saved myself and gave her this instead. Pleased as I also wanted to give this a go myself. You're supposed to just spritz this calming lavender scented spray over your pillow before sleeping and it's proven to give you a better nights sleep. In all honesty, I did sleep better but I think it's just a placebo affect. I don't have trouble sleeping so I won't repurchase this but my mum may!


Gatineau Collagene Expert Ultimate Smoothing Serum

This was a brand I had never come across so I was intrigued to give it a go. I've now used this sample up and it felt lovely on the skin. In terms of hydration, I still found I had dry patches so I wasn't overly impressed with this serum. I did use it up to fully test it out but I won't be buying this again.



POPBAND London Hair Band

Another one I wasn't overly pleased to receive. Hair bands aren't that interesting are they? This one is supposed to leave no kinks and be kind to your hair by preventing any breakage. I actually received a couple of these in a beauty box and I've used them a lot. I don't know about it not leaving any kinks in my hair but it's definitely kinder and doesn't pull resulting in a headache which is great.


Salcura Winter Skin Hand Therapy

As I made my way to the end of the calendar, the products seemed to get bigger. I believe this is a full-size product at 80ml which is worth £12.99! Hand creams are not something I buy for myself, I don't love the Soap and Glory Hand Food so I was pleased to receive this to try. The scent is very spa-like so it feels like a real treat when applying, I pop this on before bed and my hands are left looking less dry and feeling super soft. It'll take me ages to use this up so I'm not sure whether I'll be buying this again in the future.


Nuxe RĂªve De Miel Lip Balm

I was so happy to receive this, lots of beauty bloggers love this! This is an amazing hydrating lip balm with honey and precious oils to nourish dry and damaged lips, so this is ideal for the winter. My lips get so dry which is not cute when I want to wear lipstick so I pop this on morning and night to ensure my lips are prepped for lipstick. I've been loving this so far and I think it will last me a while so at £8 this is a good deal!

I hope you enjoyed seeing what I received in this calendar and what I thought of each of the products. Hopefully this will give you an insight to what's worth giving a go if you're unsure whether to splurge on some of these products. Overall, I'm really happy with what I received. Most products were something I'd never give a second look when browsing online for new beauty products so I think the idea of this calendar is great. I'll definitely be looking into purchasing another next December, but for now that is a long while away!
I hope you're having a lovely week so far, apologies this post is a little late than I would've liked it to be. 
Let me know whether you've tried any of these products and what you thought of them!
♥   ♥   

7 comments:

  1. Great post. Looks like you got some lovely products xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look lovely! I'll have to keep an eye out for it towards the end of the year!xx

    Check out my latest post?:)xx
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/getting-my-tragus-pierced.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing things!!!Lovely post! If you want, we can to follow each other on bloglovin! Just follow me here and I'll follow you back! ♥ https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-a3947784lina-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X