Wednesday 18 February 2015

I'm Almost 18!? | Aims, Resolutions, Onwards and Upwards

I cannot believe how fast the year between turning 17 and now 18 has gone, it feels like my childhood and the majority of my teenage years have swept by without me even realising and now I'm just a few days off turning 18, i'm a little scared but excited.

Then and now
Left: I was about 6/7 looking very pleased with my ladybird face paint at the zoo, posing while my dad holds my fringe back- haha! (Ps. nice beard Dad)
Right: Looking slightly moody just a few weeks ago, oops!

 I honestly did not imagine my 17th year to be like this- it hasn't been bad, it's just I imagined being in a part-time job somewhere in fashion retail that I enjoyed therefore I would be able to afford the cost of learning to drive, paying for insurance and looking for a car. If I'm completely honest that's far from realistic now I've realised. It's hard to find a part-time job, let alone one you enjoy and in my current situation it certainly isn't fees able to learn to drive, pay for insurance and run the car.

I feel as though this post so far has just been me moaning, but I'm really not because my 17th year hasn't been all that bad.

1. I'm enjoying my current studies.

2. I'm making choices to please myself not anybody else.

3. I'm happy.


Turning 18 is pretty daunting, it's when you're now classed as an adult, something you've probably been wanting since you're about 13. As cringe as it sounds, I'd really like to make my 18th year- 'My Year'.
Here are more than a few things I'd like to accomplish...

1. To try my hardest at college and achieve the highest possible grade ready to take me into employment.

2. Find a job working with children that I love.

3. Make a conscious effort to spend more time with my whole family.

4. Meet new people.

5. Travel. Whether that be around my area, in the UK or abroad.

6. Start learning to drive, hopefully when I've got a steady income.

7. Catch up with friends more often.

8. Experiment more. Food, clothes, hair, makeup the lot.

9. Achieve.

10. Be happy.

I may not achieve all these but I certainly will try, i'm determined to make each of the things I've mentioned happen. Anyway, i'm off to London with a couple of the girls to celebrate my 18th, we're going to do some shopping, sight seeing, eating and laughing! I'll see you when I get back and when i'm 18! Look out for my Birthday/London Haul in the next week..

Let me know what you'd like to achieve this year?

Until next time,

♥   ♥   ♥

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Amy! I wish you all the best. Be happy and make your dreams come true :)
    don't worry about turning 18 - with years you will see this in a other perspective. I remember my 18th birthday when I was so excited becoming officially an adult with my goals and dreams. Now I'm 22 (omg time runs so fast!) and I see everything in a different way, goals changed as well as views on future. Gone too deep, ups.. Anyway, happy b-day again :)

    minty-way.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment!
      I think I was over thinking which was a bit silly of me, haha! Oh gosh I know how you feel, it only feels like I was 15 yesterday haha! X

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this post don't worry despite being 18 I'm sure you won't feel much different! What date is your birthday?
    - Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW thank you Jess! It honestly feels no different, oops for over thinking! It was the 21st Xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X