Sunday 13 December 2015

Winter Pamper Routine | Hair, Skin and Nails


Today I thought it was about time I shared an updated pamper routine with you guys. It's been a while since I last shared what I use to pamper myself and I like to change up my products quite regularly in order to try new ones out, however some remain the same which you will see throughout this post. If you'd like to see my last pamper routine, you can find it here. Also, this post is a collab with the lovely Megan from Floral Chummys so be sure to go check her post out too! Enough with the rambling, lets get into it!


First up i'll start with a hair mask, i'd usually go for an Argan Oil one which you can pick up in bargain shops. However, I recently discovered the Philip Kingsley Elastizer in my beauty advent calendar so I tried it out as soon as I could. The directions tell you to pop it on before shampooing, leave it on for about 20 mins then rinse with shampoo and condition as normal. It's supposed to leave you with healthier hair that shines- so far I couldn't say but bloggers rave about this so i'm hoping it'll serve my hair well!

Next i'll jump in the shower and rinse my hair with shampoo as instructed by the hair mask. I don't have any particular shampoo and conditioner that I use during a pamper night so i'll just use my everyday products which happen to be the Tresemme Salon Silk Shampoo and Conditioner. I love Tresemme hair products so i'll always run back to them, time and time again.

Once my hair is washed and conditioned, it's time to move on to my body. First of all, I'll go in with the Soap and Glory Scrub Of Your Life which I have sadly ran out of at the moment. It's my favourite body scrub, I love the classic Soap and Glory scent and this really gets to work an leaves me with super soft skin paired with the Clean On Me Shower Gel and the body butter which i'll talk about shortly.


Now i'm all clean and my pores have opened from the steam of the shower, i'll pop on a face mask. This is currently my go-to face mask, it's the Lush Mask of Magnaminty- I actually did a review on it here. It also doubles up as a scrub when applying and removing as there are little grains in it- the perfect two-in-one! This leaves my face feeling super clean, soft and tackles any blemishes I may have on their way/on my face. I'll leave this on whilst i'm moisturising my body.


The body butter I most often opt for is the Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter. Again, it has the classic Soap and Glory scent and is super thick but sinks in quickly to leave the skin feeling soft and smelling lovely. I've almost run out of this too so i'm hoping Santa will pop it under the tree along side with the scrub.

Another Soap and Glory product I like to use(#NotAnAd, lol) is The Heel Genius Foot Cream. Feet isn't usually something I focus on here on my blog but I put quite a lot of this on, put socks on and leave it to do it's work overnight and by the morning I have super moisturised and soft feet.


Once these are done, i'm pretty sure it's time to remove my face mask so once that's done i'll apply whatever moisturiser i'm using at the time. At the moment i'm using the Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair Cream morning and night, it leaves my skin feeling hydrated and plump and I also really like the botanical scent- it's so relaxing when applied just before bed. Now it's time to light some candles and pop on some YouTube vidoes whilst I paint my nails.




As i'm not supposed to wear nail polish during the week because of my job, I tend not to bother on the weekends. However, I'll definitely be whipping out my festive polishes once I finish work for Christmas. I recently picked up these from Avon which are perfect for the Christmas season. The left is one of the Magic Effects Molten Metals in the shade Copper and the other is one of the Gel Finish Polishes in Roses Are Red.


Whilst my nails are drying, i'll try to convince my Dad to make me a Lemon Green Tea because ya'know my nails aren't dry! Usually, it doesn't work so i'll have to strategically make a cup of tea without getting smudging my nails. Then again, i'll watch a bunch of YouTube videos whilst sipping my cup of tea, waiting for my nails to dry, loving life!

Last but not least, once it's time to call it a day i'll pop on some hand cream- usually one by The Body Shop or Soap and Glory, blow the candles out and hit the hay. Zzz!

There you have it, my winter pamper routine. I hope you enjoyed this post, make sure you go check out Megan's post, here to see what products she loves using during a pamper routine. I hope you've had a lovely week, only twelve sleeps til Christmas!


WHAT PRODUCTS DO YOU USE WHILST HAVING A PAMPER?

♥   ♥   ♥

6 comments:

  1. Great post Aim! Oh the joys of working in childcare...no nail polish haha! Got to love soap and glory, its such a Staple in my pamper routine x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! Glad you liked it! :)
      Oh I know, I miss painting my nails haha! Soap and Glory is so great and affordable! Xx

      Delete
  2. Yum, Lemon Green Tea! I love the look of the Lush hair products:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought i'd like it but I drink it almost every morning/evening now! Xx

      Delete
  3. i am OBSESSING over the Mask of Magnaminty!!!... or anything from Lush for that matter. cannot wait to try the Grown Alchemist Hydra-Repair Cream -- it sounds amazing!! xx


    http://kynialikethecountry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it!? I'm coming to the end of my first pot and i'll definitely be repurchasing it! Would love to hear what you think of the Grown Alchemist cream if you do try it! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X