Friday 18 December 2015

My Top Five Festive Film Picks!

Today I thought i'd share with you my top five festive film picks. I don't tend to enjoy films often, my attention span is poor and I lose interest. However, I love Christmas films because, well how could you not!? If you're planning on binge watching Christmas films in the run up to the big day then I've listed my five favourites, starting from five and reeling them off til my ultimate favourite- number one. Let's get started, shall we?


5. A Christmas Carol (2009)
This stands a firm favourite as I first saw it in the cinema with my family on Christmas Eve. As well as being nostalgic, it's also a great film where it follows the life of Scrooge in the run up to Christmas. Of course, i'm not going to spoil it though I'm sure most of you will have seen it or know the story. The most recent release of it is definitely worth a watch!


4. Nativity!
This is one I watch numerous times in the month of December. As you could've probably guessed from the title this one is based around the preparations for a school nativity. It's a hilarious comedy, how can you not love Mr Poppy?! Also, fact of the day: one of the children in the film actually went to my primary school. How cool is that!?


3. Love Actually
Believe it or not, I had never seen this until last Christmas. So many people raved about it so I thought it was about time I saw what it was all about. I loved it, hence why it's made it's way into my top five. If you haven't seen it, the film basically follows a number of different couples during the run up to Christmas. I probably haven't made that sound too appealing but it's a rom-com so you definitely won't get bogged down with slushy couples. If you haven't seen it- make sure you give it a watch this year! Let me know what you think of it, if you do.


2. Home Alone
A classic. I'm almost certain that everyone has seen this film- if you haven't, you've probably been living under a rock. Is there really any point in trying to explain this film? The title gives it away right? I've seen this countless times and I never get bored of it, it's hilarious and i'm completely hooked within the first few minutes. The second film is also just as good, the ones after aren't so.


1. The Polar Express
You were expecting me to say Elf right? If i'm honest, it's never been a favourite of mine- don't get me wrong it is a good film but I can't take too much of it. The Polar Express however is a different story. It's just so magical and exciting. It follows the journey of a little boy who struggles to believe, he is taken on a journey to the North Pole that shows him the excitement never fades for those who believe. You'll also fall in love with the lone boy singing at the back of the train, 'it's so much fun when Christmas comes to townnn!' Just me? Ok then...

So there you have it, a run through of my favourite Christmas films. Do you love any of these as much as me? Let me know or leave me any festive film recommendations! I'll be back Sunday to share my idea of a perfect movie night!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS FILM?

♥   ♥   ♥

7 comments:

  1. Mine would be, Home Alone (original), The Polar Express, A Christmas Carol, A smurfmas Carol, and Mickey mouse, thrice upon a christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I've not seen the last two, I'll try and check them out before Christmas! Xx

      Delete
  2. We have such a similar Christmas film taste! I have never watched love actually though but polar express and navtity are definitely faves of me! I also don't get the hype around elf x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Great minds think alike, haha! Ooh, i'd definitely recommend you gave Love Actually a watch, it's such a great film! Xx

      Delete
  3. Great post! I need to watch Polar Express and Love Actually - but I love all the others!xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I need to watch Polar Express and Love Actually - but I love all the others!xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Home Alone, it is brilliant! Great post!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X