Sunday 22 November 2015

Products I've Used Up- Skincare | November 2015


Today, we'll be having a rummage through my empties to see what I've used up lately and give mini reviews on each of them. I was going to do a collective empties post, however I found I had a lot of skincare products and I didn't want to make this post too long so i'm going to do separte ones- the other will be coming soon but lets get on with it and show you what I've used up and what I thought of them.


Garnier Moisture Matte Moisturiser

This is my favourite drugstore moisturiser. I've repurchased this many of times and I will continue to, I have no doubt you've probably seen this on my blog before. It's super hydrating, sinks into the skin quickly and stays matte so my face doesn't look like an oil slick.

L'Occitane Pivoine Sublime Cream 

I saw that L'Occitane were doing skincare trials where you could get a 7 day free sample tailored to your skins needs. This claimed to help with colour correcting and hydration. As this was only a 7 day sample, I can't say I noticed any colour correction, however my skin felt well hydrated and smooth. This seems like a good moisturiser but for the price tag of £32, I'll stick to my Garnier Moisture Matte mentioned previously.

Origins Ginzing Moisturiser

This is another product that was raved about so I thought I'd give it a go. I have a deluxe sample which I got from a gift set. I actually did a full review on the set, here
I did like this moisturiser, it was light, sank into the skin quickly but it's supposed to 'wake up your skin' but I still found mine looked pretty dull after using this. Considering it's price tag, I won't be repurchasing this.


Origins Night-A-Mins Moisturiser

This one also came as part of the set. I'd never properly used a night cream before so I was looking forward to try this. This was really hydrating, sank in quickly and left my skin feeling super soft and plump in the morning. I've noticed a big difference in my skin since I finished this, my skin has been a little dry in places and I've been breaking out. It might not be, but I'm pretty sure it's down to this. It's a little pricey which is why I haven't repurchased it yet but I definitely will after Christmas.


The Body Shop Vitamin E Day Moisturiser

I love the Vitamin E range, I think it'd be perfect for those with normal/combination skin. This moisturiser is light and hydrating. It also smells really nice too. I'd definitely think about buying this again!

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser

Another from the Vitamin E range. This is a light, gentle cleanser that I used as a second cleanse after taking my makeup off. This left my skin feeling refreshed, soft and hydrated. I loved taking this off with a hot muslin cloth. Another I would consider purchasing!


Soap and Glory Hot Pore Cleanser

Apparently this is similar to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, one I've been wanting to try for a while. This again is good for a second cleanse as it's deep cleaning and really gets into the pores. This would be great for a pamper night, it has such a relaxing scent and feels like a luxury product. I'm unsure whether I'll be picking this up before I try the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish but I'll let you know I'm sure.

Simple Soothing Facial Toner

This was the first toner I had used in a long while and I must admit I did enjoy using it. As it's Simple the ingredients are very natural therefore it should be kind to the skin and would be great for anyone with super sensitive skin. In comparison to the current toner I'm using, I much prefer this one so I would buy this again. I've seen Simple have a pore minimising toner too so I must give that a go!


Garnier and Boots Botanics Micellar Cleansing Water

I've gone through a good few bottles of the Garnier Micellar Water as I love it. I got a bit bored so thought I'd try another. Although the Botanics one is good, I found I needed a lot more to break down my makeup. I also found the Botanics one left my eyes a little bit sore afterwards where as the Garnier one is so gentle and kind on the eyes. I'll definitely be repurchasing the Garnier one!


La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

Has anyone else spotted those little baskets in Boots in the skincare section with samples of products to try? I always pick them up. This was one of them! This was a highly raved about product so I knew I had to try it. It's supposed to help with blemishes to reduce the size/appearance of them and to help reduce the appearance of spot scars. I did use this all up but it didn't make much of a difference, I'm so disappointed! I definitely won't be buying this. Have you tried it?

Soap and Glory Hand Food and Heel Genius Foot Cream

Hand Food is definitely a well loved product in the blogging world. I don't  love it nor hate it. This again has the typical Soap and Glory scent, it's hydrating and softening but I find it leaves a greasy residue on my hands which I don't enjoy. This isn't a bad product and if I was gifted it again, I would use it- probably before I go to sleep though.
I'd not heard much about the Heel Genius Foot Cream but I was willing to give it a go. This has more of a minty scent which is nice and refreshing. I pop this on after I've showered and put socks straight on to lock it in and let it sink in. I will repurchase this once I've finished the bottle I'm currently using- it makes my feet so soft! If you've got any beach holidays coming up, I'd definitely recommend this to soften the skin so they look good in sandals!

Well, that was a strange one to end on- i'm sorry! Haha! These are the products I've used up recently, there are a few repurchases and a few misses. Let me know if you've tried any of these products below in the comments and what you thought of them! I'll be back on Wednesday with a little update!

WHAT PRODUCTS HAVE YOU FINISHED LATELY?

♥   ♥   ♥

3 comments:

  1. I really like the look of that Body Shop product and the Simple toner. Your products all seem really organic. Lovely post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great, you should give them a go! Thank you Rosie! Xx

      Delete
  2. I totally get what you mean about Hand Food, I don't love it or hate it but I find it to be a lot greasier than hand dream by soap and glory x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X