Sunday 18 October 2015

Weekend Morning Routine | Autumn 2015

I love routine videos, so I thought I would convert one of my favourite types of videos into a blog post. I decided I would share my weekend morning routine with you as I don't really have a work morning routine, most of the time it's just a huge rush to get out of the door. However, on the weekend I like to take it easy- it's much more chilled out.



I usually wake up naturally around 8:30-9am, although I always set my alarm for 10am the night before. I hate waking up past 10/10:30, it makes me feel so gross and lazy! When I was in my mid-teens, most weekends I woke up past 12, which seems crazy now! After a good roll around and when i'm a little more alert, the first thing I do is go to the toilet, wash my hands, brush my teeth then carry out my morning skincare routine.

Cue apologies for poor lighting, therefore poor quality photos. I'm sorry!
My morning skincare routine usually consists of The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash. This is perfect for the morning as I find it's quite cooling on the skin, the scent wakes me up and it fights against spots as Tea Tree has anti-bacterial properties. 
While my pores are open, i'll move onto the Garnier Fresh Refining Toner. At first, I wasn't fussed on this as I was used to a Simple toner and this is very strong in comparison- it smells so strong of alcohol so I haven't even attempted putting it near my eyes. I focus this mainly on the pores around my nose and on the forehead as this is a mattifying toner.
To finish up I will use the Garnier Fresh Essential Day Cream, I bought this as it looked similar to my much loved Garnier Moisture Match and I wanted to try something different. I love this equally as it is very hydrating, it's like your skin has had a huge glass of water!



I allow this to sink in while I head downstairs for breakfast. On the weekends I usually opt for toast or cereal, i'm definitely not adventurous with my breakfast. However, on this day I decided to have a toasted bagel and a cup of lemon green tea in my new mug. How cute is this!? I got it this week from Sainsbury's.
Whilst having my breakfast I will laze around a little bit on the sofa, I will either be catching up on TV programmes missed throughout the week, usually Release The Hounds like i'm doing now, haha! Or I will be catching up on YouTube or some of my favourite blogs via Bloglovin.



Around 11am I will decide it's time to get up and get ready for the day. My makeup, hair and outfit totally depend on what i'm doing that day. If i'm just catching up with friends and shopping, i'll opt for my everyday makeup routine and just add a neutral eye look and a dark lip during the Autumn. However, if i'm staying in I won't put any on my face. If i'm going out my hair will usually be down and a bit wavy, I use my curling wand for this and if i'm stay in, up in a bobble it will go!
On this day, I opted for black high waisted jeans, a mustard jumper and my favourite camel and navy checkered scarf. Comfy and casual!

I'll usually head out the door around 12pm and get on with my day!

ARE YOU AN EARLY BIRD?

♥   ♥   ♥

16 comments:

  1. This is such as refreshing morning routine post, and I think it's the first I've read/watched where someone's actually mentioned going to the toilet! Hahaa:) I'm definitely an early bird, although I don't particularly like to get up early, but I'm 100% more productive in the morning compared to the afternoon/evening! Xx

    http://geraldineswonderfulworld.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Definitely the first thing I do, every morning! I know what you mean, although I hate getting up early- I get way more done! I'm glad you enjoyed this :) x x

      Delete
  2. I love this post Aim! Your outfit is stunning x :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've made this into a blog post!
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Really like your writing.

    Awkwardgirlx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you! I don't think anyone's ever mentioned my writing style, but I'm glad that you like it! X x

      Delete
  5. Great post! I need to try out this tea tree wash, I've heard so many great things about it! :)
    Urban Obsessions // Vegan Food, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  6. By far, I am an early bird! I love getting up and getting ready, and being totally prepared for the day! I loved the idea and basis behind this post, and will potentially take some inspiration from it!xx
    Check out my latest post?
    www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No better feeling than being organised! I'm glad you liked it, would love to see your own take on this! And I sure will! X x

      Delete
  7. I love routine videos and posts, too! And omg, waking up past 10 is the worst. I wake up at 6:30 on normal days but during the weekends, I like sleeping till about 9, haha. I'm not one to be adventurous with my breakfast, too.

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great routine. I enjoy waking up early looking forward to a productive day. But I am no stranger of a lazy morning. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's always great to get things done and out the way so you no longer have to worry about it! X x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X