Wednesday 7 October 2015

The Perfect Shade For Autumn | Rimmel Lycra Pro Nail Polish



Autumn is in full swing right now so I thought I'd get up a quick review on a nail polish that I love wearing during this season. Have you guessed already? Probably due to the picture above, it's this gorgeous burgundy shade by Rimmel. This is the Rimmel Lycra Pro Professional Finish in the shade 403- Hypnotise.


In my eyes this is the perfect shade for Autumn, a mix of dark purple and red which will go well with such other Autumnal shades like mustard, rust, khaki and brown. I've been waiting for so long to finally pull this back out and get it on my nails, not just because the colour is great because the actual formula is too!

This polish has the perfect consistency as it's not too thin that you need about five applications, you only need two and your this colour will be opaque. The brush is quite wide which I think some people may not like but personally I find wider brushes much easier to work with. On the bottle it claims to have an anti-fade colour system, I don't know if its just me but I've never experienced nail polishes fading. Have you? But anyway, there's that.


Another claim is that this polish is chip resistant and should last up to 10 days. Now, I don't know about that- I've never managed to make it last that long. Perhaps it's because I only use a base coat as I've lost my top coat, however I would say this lasts about 5-7 days before it gets too chipped that I have to remove it. That's good enough for me!

These polishes are no longer sold at Boots unfortunately, however you can pick them up for just 99p online at Fragrance Direct, here. They're such a steal, I shall be ordering more now that they're being sold for so little!

I'd rate this polish a respectable 8/10, it would've been 9 but I find this doesn't dry as quickly as some other polishes I own. Overall, a brilliant polish- especially for this time of year!

HAVE YOU GOT ANY BASE/TOP COAT RECOMMENDATIONS? 
Help would be much appreciated!

♥   ♥   ♥

8 comments:

  1. That is the most adorable thing ever! I love that colour, it's so rich. For a top coat, I use one which came in a cheap little manicure kit. You can get quality clear polishes for really cheap, and you have other colours if you need them! Mine only cost a pound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll have to keep my eye out! It's great finding quality products for such a small price tag! Xx

      Delete
  2. This is a beautiful colour, so deep and Autumnal.
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/you-scrub-up-well.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a stunning colour for the autumn. If you are looking for a good top coat and base coat, then one by Barry M- the all in one one which is £2.99- is really good x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gorgeous, it's got to be my favourite! Ooh I think you've said that before- I will definitely check it out- thanks for the recommendation and reminder! Xx

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous colour! It probably helps if you can paint your nails as nice as yours :) If you're looking for a base coat I recommend the Nail Experts 5 in 1 Nail Treatment, Bobo xoxo

    meetmeinmelford.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks like such a nice color!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X