Tuesday 29 December 2015

What I Got For Christmas 2015 | Beauty, Fashion and Homey Bits!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas spent with your loved ones, I sure did! For those of you who don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you've had a lovely few days nevertheless. Today I'm going to be sharing with you what I got for Christmas. I know how boring it can get with the usual disclaimers at the beginning of these posts and videos but I'd just like to put it out there, I'm super grateful for everything I have received this year. I love reading these posts so I thought I'd do one myself! I'm just going to get straight into it.
 First, I'm going to start with my stocking. We've had stockings in my house for as long as I can remember and over the years Santa(wink wink) has gotten so generous and made them larger each year. I have to say, I love stockings and would be more than happy with just a few stocking presents on Christmas Day. In my stocking, I tend to get the same kind of things every year like beauty essentials including cleansers, cotton wool pads and face masks etc which I love as it means I won't have to go out and make the same repurchases over and over again. I've been trying to take care of my nails this year and I kept loosing the tools so I received this dinky little set which is so handy, hopefully I won't loose them now!
We also tend to get a huge amount of chocolate, like most people I assume? Usually it would be gone within a few days but I'm pacing myself this year, sort of. Haha! I'm sat here wondering where it's all gone, hmm..
I also received some lovely candles including this mini vanilla frosting jar and lots of tea lights which are essential for my tart burner. I'm the worst for burning myself whilst lighting candles so my mum picked up this long lighter to avoid that, what a life saver haha! This was well needed.
Now I'll move on to the presents under the tree. My parents told me as I was getting money, I wouldn't have many presents to open but they were wrong! I was still completely shocked with the amount in my pile. I received lots of homey bits this year. Now, when I say homey bits, I don't mean home ware, I mean lots of bits that I'll use whilst relaxing at home.
First up which is possibly my favourite gift out of the lot was a new dressing gown! I've had the same one for about five years now and it was really on it's lasts legs- it wasn't the most subtle either- it was a hot pink leopard print one. The one I received this year is more subtle, a taupe/dusty pink colour. It's so cosy and I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of it. I also received this white snuggle blanket, we had one of these in our living room and it was held hostage up in my room for a while so my parents decided to get one for myself. It's so cosy, looks cute on my bed and will be perfect for the rest of the season. Oops, I forgot to take a picture of it but it's used as a background in the rest of these pictures.
Pyjamas are mandatory at Christmas, am I right? We always end up with a pair or two and I'm not complaining. I live in my pyjamas when I'm at home! First I received these super cosy Bambi pyjamas. These are similar to a pair I had last year, again from my sister but this time they have cuffed bottoms which I love as it means I won't trip over trouser legs that are too long!
I also had these pretty cloud pyjama bottoms, again they're cuffed. These feel so comfortable and stretchy so will be perfect for lazy days- by the way, these are from Sainsbury's if you're wondering as my mum left the tag on. What is Christmas without socks? I had three pairs of cosy socks which will be ideal to pair with my new pyjamas!
Next from my sister I had a lovely mug which came with a whisk, hot chocolate and mini marshmallows. It was perfect for during the evening on Boxing Day!
I've really loved Yankee Candles since I first discovered them a few years ago. I'm always tempted by the jars however I find the votives and wax tarts are such great value for money that I won't splurge. From my sisters boyfriend, he very kindly got me a load of votives and this rustic star holder. These will last me a good while and I love all the scents he chose so I'm so grateful.
From my other sister I received an adult colouring book. It was a good while since I'd been eyeing these up whilst shopping so I was so surprised that she remembered! She also got me some new colouring pencils and this lovely Cath Kidston pencil case to store them in. It's from the Kids section as she said the prints were nicer in there compared to the adults, haha!
I'm a huge fan of Olly Murs and was gutted when the calendar had sold out last year, therefore I had to go a year without one but this year my sister picked up the unofficial one- it's got some lovely photos in it so I'm not complaining. I also received an Olly Murs poster, my siblings know me too well!
Now I shall move onto the fashion and beauty gifts I received. I was so happy to receive a new watch as my other one had been playing up, this ones from Avon and is black with a rose gold bezel. I love it!
I saw this bag featured in a haul on YouTube and fell in love with it, especially when I found out it was only £20 from Zara. I put it on my wish list and my sister bought it for me, it's such a great size, looks like real leather and has a longer strap to carry on your shoulder or wear across your body. I can't wait to use it!
Last but not least, onto the beauty bits. I hinted to my parents that I'd love the Soap and Glory Whole She-Bang set and bless my mum, she was up at 7am on her day off to head onto the Boots site to order it. So lovely and I'm so thankful as it has some of my favourite products in and new bits I'm yet to try.
My sisters boyfriends mother was also kind enough to gift me with The Body Shop Coconut set. I love Coconut and The Body Shop so this is a win-win!
I received this really lovely eyes, nails and lips set, I swatched the products and was shocked by their pigmentation as these are from Primark! I'll definitely be looking to try more of the Primark Beauty.
My mum knows I love Real Techniques brushes so picked up the Expert Face Brush for me, however she accidentally ordered three somehow. I asked could I exchange one of them for a different brush and she said yes, we requested a return on Amazon and they accepted and told us not to bother returning the brush and refunded the money. I technically got a free brush, somehow!? And I've now ordered the Setting Brush. So lucky!
I've had my eye on the Stila palettes for a while and when my brother asked was there anything I wanted from the ASOS beauty sale for Christmas, I said I'd love this Stila Eyes are the Window Palette in Spirit. I definitely didn't think he'd get it for me and I was so shocked to open this on Christmas Day. Such a surprise and I'm so thankful!
Like I said earlier, my 'main' present from my parents was money. I also received money from my Nan, Grampy and Aunties etc so I shall be putting that money towards a new purse, probably more makeup and hopefully(if all goes to plan) driving lessons. I'm determined 2016 will be the year I start driving, we'll see eh?
There you have it, what I got for Christmas! I was spoilt this year, as I am every year and I couldn't be more thankful. Of course, Christmas isn't about receiving, it's for giving, loving and spending time with your loved ones. Gifts are just a bonus! I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and that Santa was kind to you!
I'd love to hear what you got for Christmas so feel free to leave a link in the comments to your post/video!
♥   ♥   ♥

10 comments:

  1. You got some lovely gifts this year! Love the bag and candes xx

    I posted what I got aswell
    amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I'm super happy with everything! I'll go check out your post now! Xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! You got some lovely things xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed! I did, I'm so happy! Xx

      Delete
  3. you got some really lovely things!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, I was spoilt this year with really lovely presents and I'm so grateful! :) Xx

      Delete
  4. You got some lovely presents Aim and that eye shadow palette looks so stunning! Oh and the watch and bag! I hope you have an amazing 2016 x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed! I used the palette today for the first time and it was great!:)
      Thank you Nicole! I hope you have an amazing, happy and healthy 2016! Xx

      Delete
  5. Looks like you got some such nice things hope you had a amazing Christmas and newyear x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you had a lovely one too! Best wishes for 2016! Xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X