Sunday 22 March 2015

Makeup, Skincare and Showers | Collective Beauty Haul

 Recently I've been trying to save *huge emphasis on trying* as somehow I've managed to accumulate some beauty bits that I thought I'd share with you today. Thankfully, these bits weren't overly expensive and were quite affordable at drugstore prices.
First up while shopping online at Superdrug for some Makeup Revolution products for my friends birthday, I decided that I'd try out a few more MUA pieces. I already had a few of their lipsticks and I do really like them for the small price of £1 so I decided to pick up another matte one in Fawn Fancy, a beautiful dark nudey pink. My only bugbear with MUA lipsticks is their staying power which I can't really complain about at only £1, so I decided to pick up a lip liner in a similar shade called 'Pink Me Up' to see if this would help them last longer and although not all day I find paired with this lip liner my lipstick tends to stay on a lot longer! 
Another item from MUA is this pressed powder in shade 4, you're probably thinking that can't be the right shade simply because I'm so pale but I've heard bloggers say this is a good contour shade for paler skin. I'm not the best at bronzing or contouring so in order to get some practice I decided to buy this- so far so good!
So my brows are certainly not 'on point' so in a bid to sort them out after months of just using Maybelline BrowDrama brow mascara, I decided to pick up the Soap and Glory Brow Archery. Now, apparently this is a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz, though I opted for the one without the spoolie end and the almost felt tip end instead. I love this, although it's more aimed for brunettes it works perfect with my somewhat dark grey brows. This was £10.00 from Boots.
I love Real Techniques brushes so decided it was time I needed some more and I saw @perksofchlo(on instagram) selling the limited edition duo-fibre collection, brand new for a fraction of the price. For college I tend to wear 'the no makeup, makeup' and these are ideal for light application so I'm really chuffed with these!
Moving slightly away from the makeup side of things, I picked up this Aveeno moisturiser. You may have heard me complaining that I had constantly dry under eyes and dry lids so after months of trying to sort it naturally, I decided to pop to Boots and ask. This was recommended to me as it's super hydrating and gentle on sensitive skin and I can't thank the lady enough, this has helped and I'm no longer a dry under eyes suffer. Yay!
Now onto the shower. My hair was in awful condition before I had it cut so I'm desperately trying to keep it healthy this time so my friends picked up this American Cream conditioner from Lush as part of my birthday present and it smells amazing although I'm not sure if it's doing wonders for my hair yet, my hair does feel amazing once out the shower and dried. 
Another thing they picked up for me is this Grapefruit Shower Gel from The Body Shop and oh my gosh, it smells lovely, so refreshing!
And that's the lot of my recent beauty purchases, not a great deal but I have been trying to save! 
What have you been buying recently?
Comment below,
♥   ♥   ♥

5 comments:

  1. Recently I bought Rimmel Brow this way but I'm not that happy with it. I would like to try the Brow archery.
    By the way, I've nominated you for The Infinity dreams award here: minty-way.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-infinity-dreams-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh really? I didn't get on with it at first but found a little goes a long way by scraping the brush on the sides. I've really been enjoying the Brow Archery, definitely worth a go if you can get your hands on it. Thank you for the nomination, I'll be sure to check out your post now X

      Delete
  2. You picked up some lovely things. Great post


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X