Sunday 5 July 2015

July 2015 Empties | Shower, Skincare and More!


Empties posts are a bit of a weird one, it's essentially me routing through my rubbish and reviewing it. However, I find empties post really interesting as you basically get a full review on a product, whether its worth repurchasing and the bottom line of whether to try it or not. So yes, recently I have been hoarding my rubbish in order to share with you my thoughts.


Shower products seem to be the things that get used up the quickest as obviously I wash every day. 
First up I have samples of the Philip Kingsley Moisture Balancing Shampoo and Conditioner. I must admit, these were nothing to shout about, they felt a little rubbery when applying and didn't do anything spectacular to my hair- so these are not something i'd pick up again. 

Lush American Cream Conditioner
Lush is well-known for being cruelty-free, most products suitable for vegans and of course their amazing range of products. I hadn't tried a Lush conditioner before this one, I liked this but again it didn't do anything amazing to my hair. I mean it felt soft after washing once dry but I didn't see any dramatic changes. If I bought this again, it would be for the scent but there are lots of other conditioners I've heard that are great from Lush so this doesn't put me off.

Argan Oil Hydrating Hair Mask
I picked this up in a bargain shop, B&M or something but i'm almost sure they also do these in pound stores. I bought this when I felt my hair could do with treating, my hair was dry and probably quite damaged from not using heat protector(don't worry, I use it now). It is suggested you leave this on for 7-10 minutes but if i'm honest, I didn't. I used this once a week after shampooing instead of a conditioner and it definitely made my hair feel softer and look smooth. I probably would've got much better results if I left it on for the suggested amount of time, so i'd definitely give this a whirl again.

Soap and Glory Scrub of your Life and Clean on Me Shower Gel
Both of these are repurchases so need I say more? I believe I've spoken about both of these here on my blog and the scrub is my favourite, the shower gel lasted me a little over a year so you're definitely getting your moneys worth!

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel
I didn't think i'd find a shower gel that I love equally as much as Clean on Me but I have. I hate the taste of grapefruit but I love the scent. This shower gel is perfect for morning showers as it smells so fresh and invigorating, it'll definitely wake you up!

It usually takes me a good while to use up skincare, most of it gets used twice a day but you don't need a lot.


Another one I've mentioned previously on my blog and was in my last empties, here. It's the Garnier Micellar Water, I've not tried that many micellar waters but this was the first I tried and loved so I've always gone back to it. It's so affordable and you get a lot in the bottle.

Vichy Purete Thermale 3 in 1 One Step Cleanser (1. Cleansing Milk 2. Toner 3. Eye Makeup Remover)
Here I've got another sample which lasted me about six months, not bad going huh? I didn't use this daily but I did use this when I couldn't be bothered to first use micellar cleansing water and then cleanse again. This is quite a liquid-y cream formula which can be applied all over the face to remove face and eye makeup and it did a good job! Though this is considered high-end, it isn't the most expensive therefore I would repurchase it as it'd be good for travelling rather than taking three separate products.

Aveeno Cream with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal
Towards the end of last year, I started to suffer with extremely dry, itchy and flaky skin around my eyes. Still to this day I have no idea how it came about but I was starting to feel so self-conscious about it, my eyes were always pinky/red and I could barely apply any concealer as it clung on to the dryness/flakes. Nice, not.
I decided to pop into Boots and ask at the pharmacy if they had any suggestions, I was convinced it was a form of eczema so she suggested this and gave me a free sample. If I could remember her name and what she looked like i'd go back and thank her because my eyes were back to normal within a few days. I'm scared to be without this now so I've repurchased the full-size. I'd recommend it to anyone that suffers with dry skin or eczema.

I Love...Coconut and Cream Body Butter
This came in a gift set I had for my birthday. I'd seen a lot of I Love... products but had never actually tried any myself so I was excited to give this again. It smelt amazing though I think it would be a little sickly for some people. I did manage to use all this up and I didn't love it nor hate it. I wouldn't rush back to repurchase this again but I definitely wouldn't write it off.

Lip balms
I don't think i've every fully used up a lip balm, I always used to loose them so to finish three in such a short space of time was weird. None of these have brands so I believe they may have again been from a bargain store, they were alright but nothing to shout about.

Other

Sanex Dermo Invisible Roll On and Sure Compressed Aloe Vera Deodorant
I've definitely gone through more deodorants but if I showed them all they'd probably make up half of the post themselves. I decided to opt for something more eco-friendly this time, both of them are actually. I've come to the conclusion that I much prefer roll-ons FYI.

And last but not least, Avon Anti-Rub Stick
This thing has saved my feet from the crippling blisters that come from wearing new shoes. I simply pop this on where I find shoes tend to rub, put my shoes on and most of the time i'm blister free. This helped me break in my Topshop Skater Shoes that killed my feet the first time wearing them. I recently ran out of this and I've already got my repurchase on the go.

That's it for my empties! To save or not to save my rubbish next time? Haha!

Have you got any product recommendations?
Let me know!

♥   ♥   ♥

6 comments:

  1. Hey Amy! Just stumbled accross your blog through thriftyvintagefashion and thought I'd take a nosey.
    My sister works in Boots so she got me the Aveeno Cream and I love it as I too get dry skin and this really makes a difference.
    Check out my blog?
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marti! Thank you for checking out my blog and commenting. I agree the Aveeno Cream works wonders for dry skin!
      I'll definitely take a look at your blog! x x

      Delete
  2. Great post as always, some of these products will also be featuring in my empties later in the month :)
    Clean on me is my favourite shower gel, I really need to buy the full version :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! Ooh really? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that post especially then! I think i'll always go back to Clean On Me, it's become an essential in my shower! x x

      Delete
  3. I loved this post however it has made me want to purchase a lot of these items! I'm definitely going to get the aveno cream now! The clean on me shower gel is amazing also!

    - Jess xxx

    Heyitisjess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and haha, apologies for that! If you suffer with eczema or dry skin then i'm almost certain the Aveeno cream will help, lots of people have also raved about it! I couldn't agree more about Clean On Me, it smells amazing! x x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment and checking out my blog, I will do my best to reply as soon as possible! X